8 Benefits of New Windows
It might seem like a small decision, but an investment in new windows from Pella will not only bring a significant increase to your home’s value (average 71% to 78%) but will also provide you, your family and your home with these incredible benefits:
- Significant savings to your household budget. Older windows tend to let drafts into the home. The improved efficiency of new windows will help cut costs on heating and cooling bills.
- Peace of mind that comes from knowing your family can sleep safe at night. Your new Pella windows can help prevent break-ins as double locks and interlocks double the glass strength for high impact resistance.
- Improved air quality. Having blinds or shades built into the panes of glass keep dust from building up, which reduces the allergens that could cause your family to suffer.
- A more comfortable home for your family to enjoy. Energy-efficient windows from Pella will eliminate cold drafts in the winter while keeping the hot air from penetrating during the summer months for a more pleasant living environment.
- Less time spent trying to keep your windows clean. Our windows are built with a tilt-in feature which lets you clean the outside of your windows while in the comfort of your home.
- A quieter and more relaxing space. Our windows provide maximum noise reduction, blocking out annoyingly noisy neighbors, irritating animals and obnoxious traffic commotion.
- A more inviting view of the world outside. Old windows that are scratched, have fogged over time or have too many years of dirt built up are stealing your view. Illuminate your home with natural light and you will see the beauty that surrounds your home.
- Curb appeal. When your home looks incredible you feel amazing! You’ll feel a sense of pride when family and friends come to visit or when neighbors slow down to admire the look of your home.
Window Shopping: Tips to help you make the right choice
When shopping for windows you’re making a decision that will affect the moments of your life, making them brighter and more vibrant. Consider the following as you shop:
- Your Lifestyle: The way you live and where you live are important factors when deciding on the perfect windows for your home. They need to compliment your home and handle any weather extremes that are possible in your region.
- Your Budget: When you are in the planning stages and determining your budget the best option is to schedule an in-home consultation to get an accurate estimate of what your project is going to cost you.
- Material Options: It’s important to consider the material type of your window:
- Wood which creates a warm, natural look and can be stained or painted to complement your home’s style.
- Fiberglass is proven to protect your home against extreme heat and cold, while also offering the look of a painted wood window.
- Vinyl offers added energy efficiency, low-maintenance and affordable quality.
- Styles: You’ll be able to choose from a variety of styles that will complement the unique features of your home. Our window experts are also available to work with you to help determine the best option.
- Features and Options: Personalization is important to ensure your home matches your unique lifestyle. Pella offers many different options to promote functionality and efficiency. From stains, finishes, hardware or even innovative technology that adds beauty and advanced performance to meet all of your needs.
9 Styles of Windows
- Bay or Bow
- Special Shapes/Fixed
- Custom Windows/Combinations
Features and Options
Making the right choice will depend on your personal preference, the style of your home, the purpose or function of the windows, and your budget. Some of the many options to consider:
Finishes and Colors: Pella offers dozens of stylish colors to choose from that will perfectly compliment the inside and outside of your home.
Between-the-glass blinds, shades or grilles: For an easy way to change your Grilles, Blinds or Shades Pella offers wood doors with what is called “snap-in” technology. This makes it easy to change up the look of your door when you feel the need for a change. They are tucked between the panes of glass which helps to prevent dust and allergens from building up.
Grilles: Grilles give the look of individual windowpanes, while still allowing for an easier clean. If you are looking for a true divided-light window, then consider adding Grilles to your window. We offer several designs so you can choose the one that best fits the architectural design of your home.
Hardware: When it comes to window hardware you have many beautiful choices that will add to the style of your home. In fact, you can easily match popular finishes with other decorative pieces in your home.
Trim: There are a wide variety of both interior and exterior trim options that will allow you to frame your view in fresh new ways. At Pella, we have many different styles that will be a great fit for your home’s needs.
Energy-efficient Glass Options: When choosing a window, the most important decision you’ll need to make is the type of glass and how it will function in your region. In order to achieve maximum energy efficiency choosing two or three panes of glass is always a good choice for your window. Also, consider choosing windows with Low-E (Low-emissivity) insulating glass with argon, which will help protect against the dangers of the sun’s ultraviolet rays. These are great options for all regions to ensure efficiency.
Screens: Pella features innovative, high-transparency screens that add to your home’s light, ventilation and view. These amazing screens are nearly invisible which gives the illusion of no barrier to the outside world. Pella’s retractable screens roll up and down like a shade to maximize your view and allow more light into your home.
Call to set up your hassle-free quote