At Pella, we offer a large assortment of patio, entry and storm door styles and finishes available for you to choose from. Making the right choice will depend on your personal preference, the style of your home, the purpose or function of the door, and your budget.
7 benefits of new doors
It might seem like a small decision, but an investment in new doors from Pella will provide you, your family and your home with these incredible benefits:
- Significant savings to your household budget. Older doors tend to let drafts into the home. The improved efficiency of new doors will help cut costs on heating and cooling bills.
- Peace of mind that comes from knowing your family can sleep safe at night. Your new Pella doors can help prevent break-ins with multi-point locks.
- Improved air quality. Having blinds or shades built into the panes of glass keep dust from building up, which reduces the allergens that could cause your family to suffer.
- A more comfortable home for your family to enjoy. Energy-efficient windows from Pella will eliminate cold drafts in the winter while keeping the hot air from penetrating during the summer months for a more pleasant living environment.
- Less time spent trying to keep your windows clean. Our windows are built with a tilt-in feature which lets you clean the outside of your windows while in the comfort of your home.
- A quieter and more relaxing space. Our windows provide maximum noise reduction, blocking out annoyingly noisy neighbors, irritating animals and obnoxious traffic commotion.
- Improved curb appeal. When your home looks incredible you feel amazing! You’ll feel a sense of pride when family and friends come to visit or when neighbors slow down to admire the look of your home.
Door Options to Consider:
Finishes and Colors: Everyone has their favorite colors and here at Pella we offer a wide range of stylish colors to choose from that will go along perfectly with both the inside and outside of your home. There are dozens of different options for you to choose from so it will be easy to find one the perfectly complements your home.
Performance Features: New innovations, including weathertight technology and more durable frames, not only keep your home protected against drafts and leaks, but keep your entry door looking great for years.
Glass Options: When style is important (and when isn’t it?) you need to look at the different glass options that Pella makes available to you. With a wide variety of decorative glass, you can choose the perfect door glass that matches the style and feel of your home.
Sidelights and Transoms: If you add Sidelights and Transoms around your entry door it will do wonders for increasing the natural light entering your home and curb appeal. There are MANY different options offered by Pella that will help you create your perfect entrance way.
Between-the-glass blinds, shades or grilles: For an easy way to change your Grilles, Blinds or Shades Pella offers wood doors with what is called “snap-in” technology. This makes it easy to change up the look of your door when you feel the need for a change. They are tucked between the panes of glass which helps to prevent dust and allergens from building up.
Grilles: If you are looking for the look of a true divided-light door then you should consider adding Grilles to your door which give the look of individual windowpanes and make your door easier to clean.
Hardware: When it comes to door hardware you have many beautiful choices that will add to the style of your home… in fact you can easily match these popular finishes with other decorative pieces in your home.
Trim for Wood Doors: There are a wide variety of both interior and exterior trim options that will allow you to frame your view in fresh new ways. At Pella, we have many different styles that will be a great fit for your home’s needs.
Energy-efficient Glass Options: When you’re buying a door one of the most important decisions you need to make is in picking the right glass for the region that you live in. In order to achieve maximum energy efficiency, you should choose two or three panes of glass for your door. Also, always choose doors with Low-E (Low-emissivity) insulating glass with argon which will help protect against the dangers of the sun’s ultraviolet rays.
Screens: Pella features very innovative, high-transparency screens that add to your home’s light, ventilation and view. These amazing screens are almost invisible which gives the illusion of there being no barrier to the outside.
Door Shopping: Tips to help you make the right choice
With so many choices available how do you know for sure which door is right for your home?
When your shopping for a door you’re making a decision that is going to be a big part of the most amazing moments in your life – from greeting friends and relatives on a holiday to tearful farewells as you wave goodbye from your doorway – You need to take your time and carefully consider the following criteria as you shop:
- Your Lifestyle: The way you live and where you live are really important to deciding on the perfect door for your home. It’s going to have to be able to not just look great but handle any weather extremes that might be possible in your region.
- The All-Important Budget: When you are in the planning stages, and trying to figure out your budget the best thing to do is to schedule an in-home consultation do get an accurate estimate of what your door is going to cost you.
- A Variety of Material Choices: There is probably no decision more important than deciding on the kind of material you’ll be picking for your door. Here’s some of the choices you have:
- Wood which creates a warm, natural look and can be stained or painted to complement your home’s style.
- Fiberglass is proven to protect your home against extreme heat and cold, while also offering the look of a painted wood door.
- Vinyl offers added energy efficiency, low-maintenance and affordable quality.
- Steel entry doors provide exceptional durability that protects your home against the elements.
- A Collection of Styles to Satisfy Anyone’s Taste: If you are “On the Fence” about the style to choose… don’t worry… there is something for everyone. Even the pickiest buyer! Our door experts are also available to work with you and point you in the right direction.
- An Array of Fabulous Features: Personalization is so important in making everything in your home match your unique lifestyle. We have many different options on everything from Stains and Finishes, Hardware or Innovative Technology that adds both beauty and advanced performance to meet all of your needs.